Thursday, January 20, 2011

.1st Baby Doctor Appt.

Our first Dr. Appt for Baby #3 went great.

Due to it being close to nap time for Baby Lily, it took 3 Dum Dum suckers to get her through the appointment.

I really liked our doctor and the whole staff.

It's also quite nice that it is in the hospital.

If you have had your blood drawn, you probably know that you can get a Medical Assistant in a regular Dr. office that isn't the best at drawing blood. Getting my blood drawn is something I don't do well with as it is. With my Dr. being at the hospital I just walk 2 doors down the hall right to the lab. They draw blood ALL DAY EVERY DAY and the pain is so minimal it takes my fears away immediately. Not to mention, with this being Baby #3, I know the routine and am fully aware of how many times I am going to get poked with a needle. So I feel like I made a great choice in choosing a Dr. at the hospital.

Dr. Hebert, pronounced "A-Bear", was very personable. She started out talking with the girls and getting to know them. She was very easy to talk to and was right there with me getting the girls involved. She made sure the girls could see the ultrasound and even printed up a picture of the baby waving and gave it right to Brookie.
That picture is now "Brookie's Picture" of the baby. :)

My weight gain so far is 4lbs. Honestly, I feel like I have gained 10lbs! So seeing a 4lb gain on the scale made my whole day! I have never really stressed about weight gain in pregnancy. It was just a number and I figured the weight would go away at some point. Nursing definitely helped that a lot with Brookie. The baby weight from Lily, well it fell off due to me being so sick after she was born. Yeah, I don't recommend that one.

With this being Baby #3 though, I am feeling like I need to be a bit more conscious of what I am eating and how much weight I am actually gaining. I am aware that I am still young and that helps a lot, but I would rather be safe than sorry. So once my "All Day Sickness" is 100% gone, I am planning on starting a very mellow work out routine. I feel as though chasing around 2 young children while pregnant may be enough though.

Another bit of POSSIBLE good news. The baby is measuring big and the doctor may be moving up my due date a few days. Right now, I am 12 Weeks and 1 Day due August 2nd. The baby is measuring to be 12 Weeks and 6 Days due July 27th. We will find out for sure what the final decision is on that at our next appointment. So, for now, I am going to stick with my original dates to avoid getting my hopes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment